Plastic bags and wrap have never been the most environmentally friendly items. Even though we wash them and reuse them, the manufacturing and disposal leave a lot to be desired. Now you can take your lunch in the WrapIt! Sandwich and Snack bags. The reusable and washable sandwich bag holds bagels, wraps, sandwiches. The snack bag carries fruit, nuts, veggies, crackers, cheese, cookies, desserts. The two bags come in a variety of coordinating patterns.
Eco-chic reusable bags make great gifts for colleagues, teachers, family and friends. We have bags for wine-lovers and shoppers and those who pack their lunches too.
Beneterre welcomes spring with fresh warm colors to send away any lingering winter doldrums. Our most popular bag, Splash, boldly steps out with Sunkist Orange, Island Teal and Garden Green. These energetic fresh airy and vibrant tones are a welcome site.
Island Teal - Cool and tropical, this blue evokes memories of tropical beaches and cool clear waters.
Sunkist Orange - Reminiscent of the summer sun rising or setting, this color will warm you all season
Garden Green - Picture country gardens with violet flowers and you will get the essence of this Splash bag.
If you’ve been in a store lately you have seen fall’s hottest color: PURPLE. From shoes to coats to hats and shirts. This regal and fun color is everywhere. According to ColorWheelPro “Purple combines the stability of blue and the energy of red. Purple is associated with royalty. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. It conveys wealth and extravagance. Purple is associated with wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic.” This fall we have incorporated purple in our product line for Splash and Farm Fresh Sacs. Splash is the practical yet fun shopping bag and Farm Fresh Sacs replace plastic bags for produce. The two products color coordinate so you can have harmony in your shopping and produce bags. Oh so chic.
Fall is here, our beautiful outdoors is preparing for the winter. As you consider this change in season, review Beneterre’s rich jewel tone bags; a perfect compliment to your winter style.
As spring bursts into full bloom, we are thinking about the various shades of green and how that correlates to how green we are in our own fashion choices. Here are some easy things to check before you make your next eco-style purchase:
1. Where is the product made? Local is best, within 1000 mile of your location next, and then off shore. The reason for this is to reduce the fossil fuels used in shipping the goods to you.
2. What is the fabric? Sustainable fibers are best, like cotton, wool, linen, bamboo. Most of these have undergone environmental growing and production improvements that make them very environmentally friendly to produce and process as well as being renewable. Fibers like polypropylene or anything with poly in it are more often than not fossil fuel based fibers. As an example, the bags that are sold for $1-2 in grocery stores are produced in Asia and are made from polypropylene. A double whammy against the environment. Recycled products are good because they take items that would be going to the landfills but the energy and water used to process makes it almost a trade off. It's better than many other alternatives.
3. Is it designed well? If a product is designed well you are more likely to use it. If you use it, you are at the top of the green chart. For reusable bags, customers say that a bag that has a good base and stands up is very important. They also like one that folds up easily or has it's own storage pouch. There are other features unique to fashion forward people, so look for those in your bags as well.
If you are choosing products that meet all these three criteria you are true green. Congratulations!
The fashion colors for spring/summer 2009 are soft blues, purples, earth and sky tones. The colors reflect the mood of the country and are respectful of our economy in lean and challenging times What makes these colors stylish and snappy and provide a lift from the day to day is the way Beneterre combines them in product design. We see the colors of fruits and veggies, water and sky in the palette. How tasty are the new Splash bags in blueberry and lemon, lime and raspberry. Or the new Clam pouch and string bag in island bay, blueberry and lemon. Even the new Cocoon bag with the Paris Cafe scene has the Paris Sky blue case. The bags complement the Women's Wear colors you'll be wearing this season, and of course, are tasteful anytime of year.
Time to put away the winter colors and dance into spring with fresh colors and styles. An important part of being eco-chic is being in style while being earth friendly. Our Spring/Summer line of reusable shopping bags is filled with yellows, pinks, blues, greens and oranges. Our new Clam bag is perfect for the stroll through the farmers market or to the beach. The Cocoon bag folds up small to fit into your pocket or suitcase for those summer getaways. Shopping bags are an important accessory and now they can complement the season, your outfit and your eco-living style.
While being Green is always in Style, being Green has not always been done with style. Our vision is to up the anti in the functional green accessories for you and your home and provide some helpful hints along the way.
The way we see it.
This is an evolving trend, not a fad. It is here to stay. When thinking about reusable bags, select wisely the first time. After all, it is about reusing.
- Pick bags that you like – if you like it, you will use it
- Pick bags from sensible materials – natural fibers are a good place to start. For example, cotton is washable and durable.
- Pick bags that are functional. Like our handbags, we want something that works. Think about size, shape, stability, comfort. A great bag can be a thing of joy.
Did you know?
Most of the free/cheap bags at grocery stores are made from polypropylene, an oil based fiber. They are made in China and shipped to the US. Between the use of oil, the expensive and polluting production and the shipping, it is hard to come up with a bigger carbon footprint for a bag.
All our produce and grocery bags are machine washable. One thing you can do to live an even more sustainable lifestyle is to wash our bags in cold water. Save the hot water for your occasional spa baths!
Beneterre offers smartly designed eco-chic reusable bags for produce, packing snacks or sandwiches,and carrying up to
six wine or beverage bottles that are made in the USA from cotton and other sustainable fibers.